Please find attached details of your time to beat for the Club Championship race. Before you start to cry and moan, please remember that you have ran at these paces during this year. We have taken past races/park runs and lockdown race times when we could - there was no other way. If you would like to race this and haven't got a time please email asap a park run time. The details for the race:
- It is FREE and you don't need to tell me if you want to enter
- You must run the Desford 5 race route anytime during 31 August - 6 September, so a whole week to procrastinate or rather keep on for a fab time!
- Your time and evidence must be sent to this email address only. I will only accept one entry so please don't send in multiple entries just your final time.
- Race rules so no pausing watches
- Remember it is fun
- There are prizes for best male and female
If you want to run in a group then why not enter one of the club training runs for next week, there are still some spaces on eventbrite, here is the link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/desford-striders-17877105852?fbclid=IwAR3fBnw8DuQpHI9VTFf1k0gGxdKmdX9wtg8oi2Sj3Bfp_XIEMe0Vnm5nqJ4
***Don't forget that the final lockdown league race is taking place this weekend.***
This is 10k and can be entered here:
Everything to run for as its the Grand Final and will decide the group winners!
Well done for everyone signing up to Run the World competition - I think we now have the most runners entered from the LRRL. Let's see how far we can run this month and the profits are all going to a good cause - LOROS. I can't wait to track our progress on this - its the only way I'll get to travel this yearr!
Many thanks everyone
Hi Striders! Its been so great to see so many of you signing up for the socially distanced sessions. Due to popularity Stewart Heely is putting on more quality sessions for you lucky lot for the next two weeks and I have pleasure to announce that Kelly Grounds is back following the Leicester release with some great sessions. Chris Jackson has also added some multi trail Sunday sessions on due to positive feedback from last week. There are also some great sessions over the coming weeks with spaces left so don't be shy get yourselves booked on!! Fay :)
As some of you know we usually do a club championship race in the Summer each year. Don't worry you lucky peeps we will be still holding this race but in a different format.
As usual this will be a handicap race so everyone has an equal chance to win. How does this work?
1. You will need to run the Desford 5 route anytime from 31 August-6 September - I have attached the gpx route for those that haven't ran it before to upload to your watch. You have a whole week to do this, easy peasy.
2. You will all be given a handicap time - this is based on the average of past races. So the idea is for you to beat your own time - it's a race against yourself! Run better than your time, you get more points. If you haven't ran this before, please let us know your 5k park run time.
3. Submit your time and evidence to this email address - you can send a screenshot or preferably a link. Please save it as a "race" so no pausing your watch - remember it's yourself you need to beat!
4. You can run it many times if you wish but only send one email through - I don't need lots of emails ta very much. So I will accept the first time you email only.
5. There will be prizes for 1st male and 1st female of £50 Amazon vouchers to buy yourself a new pair of socks or summat. The honour of being champ is priceless of course.
Please note some of the route is on a main road, so please be careful especially on the blind spot from archers past Little India back up Peckleton Lane. Also respect the locals - if you need to lose 3 secs or so for courtesy than so be it. Its supposed to be fun! Most of all keep safe and if running together -then in groups of 6, no more.
During that week, we will hopefully be putting on group training sessions for those that want to run this as a group or are unsure of the route.
So - you have a few weeks to prepare for this and for the honour of being the club champion - in it to win it. Handicap times will be out closer to the race.
Have a fab week everyone