As some of you know we usually do a club championship race in the Summer each year. Don't worry you lucky peeps we will be still holding this race but in a different format.
As usual this will be a handicap race so everyone has an equal chance to win. How does this work?
1. You will need to run the Desford 5 route anytime from 31 August-6 September - I have attached the gpx route for those that haven't ran it before to upload to your watch. You have a whole week to do this, easy peasy.
2. You will all be given a handicap time - this is based on the average of past races. So the idea is for you to beat your own time - it's a race against yourself! Run better than your time, you get more points. If you haven't ran this before, please let us know your 5k park run time.
3. Submit your time and evidence to this email address - you can send a screenshot or preferably a link. Please save it as a "race" so no pausing your watch - remember it's yourself you need to beat!
4. You can run it many times if you wish but only send one email through - I don't need lots of emails ta very much. So I will accept the first time you email only.
5. There will be prizes for 1st male and 1st female of £50 Amazon vouchers to buy yourself a new pair of socks or summat. The honour of being champ is priceless of course.
Please note some of the route is on a main road, so please be careful especially on the blind spot from archers past Little India back up Peckleton Lane. Also respect the locals - if you need to lose 3 secs or so for courtesy than so be it. Its supposed to be fun! Most of all keep safe and if running together -then in groups of 6, no more.
During that week, we will hopefully be putting on group training sessions for those that want to run this as a group or are unsure of the route.
So - you have a few weeks to prepare for this and for the honour of being the club champion - in it to win it. Handicap times will be out closer to the race.
Have a fab week everyone